Drained of memorizing and handling multiple passwords? Use Account Key as it is much more protected and lets you use your mobile phone as an alternative of a password to sign in to your account. After enabling this service, Yahoo will start sending notification to the mobile device of your choice and from there you can accept access with a tap on your phone, so no one else can get into your account.
Set up Account Key from a web browser
To set up Account Key you must have Yahoo app installed on your mobile device and also you should be signed in to it.
- First of go to the Yahoo Account security page.
- Now, click or tap on See how it works.
- After that select your device and app at which you want to be notified on.
- Now, click on Send me a notification to confirm.
– Doing this will get you a notification on your app which you have selected.
- Now, on your mobile device, tap the Approve icon for confirmation.
- Now go back in your web browser and click on Always use Yahoo Account Key to change the setting.
- What left is just to confirm your mobile phone number, which will be helpful if you ever lost your device.
Sign in with Account Key
Now you have created an Account Key for your yahoo account which you can use to access your account without using your password. Now to use it you must be logged in to your Yahoo app on your mobile device.
- First, you have to visit the Yahoo Sign in page.
- From there you will enter your Yahoo ID and then click Next.
– Doing this will get you a notification on your Account Key enabled device.
- Now from your device tap on the notification or open the app and tap the Account Key icon to confirm that you.
- Now, tap the Approve icon to confirm it.
- Now enter or tap a verification code to confirm depending on the prompt message that you get. .
Now, from the above mentioned steps you have create the Account Key for your yahoo account and also know how to use it to sing in to your account. Now, if you face any issues with above steps you can contact our Yahoo Customer Support Number 1-844-762-3952 to get technical assistance for your issue.